Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Holiday @ Genting.
Day Two - Buffet Breakfast

The next morning, it's time to sample some of Genting's finest culinary delights!

OK it's just an all-you-can-eat-buffet.

I went to another buffet at Genting last year which wasn't any good. This time, that buffet place no longer exists. Figures.
















So I went to the Coffee Terrace instead, right under the venerable Genting Hotel. It has a tastefully zen entrance I must say. Even the cardboard cutout of the waitress looks so... minimal. She had a flat expression and a facile smile. Her beauty was only skin deep. Her figure was too thin and her character lacked substance. In fact she had very little depth.

I just go on and on huh? I learnt that from Monty Python!








The interior design is quite neat too. I took this panorama to show you how long the buffet line was. You can see the different types of food on offer, for example Nyonya and Western. The panorama makes the place look even more elegant.

I also like their service which was prompt and courteous. And nobody stopped me from taking photos in the restaurant. Which is much appreciated!

















To start I sampled some of the usual continental breakfast items - danish, eggs, sausages and pancakes. These were well-prepared and quite tasty. I also had a glass of guava juice which was excessively sweet - the way I like it.

















For seconds, I had cheddar cheeze, potato wedges, more danish and a cold cut. These were all quite good, especially the wedges. I washed them down with sugary orange juice. I think I like their guava juice better.

















Next it's time to try out some of their local fares - nasi lemak, kway teow and roast chicken. They taste rather flat and disappointing. Oh well, more guava juice!

To make it a complete breakfast I also took some greens and fruits, but I deliberately did not take any photos of those. This blog is not about healthy eating, my friends.


















Oh, while I was happily munching on stuff I noticed this dangerous looking ceiling fan with drooping blades. It was spinning quite slowly, but I can totally imagine it used as an overly-elaborate-easily-escapable-device to ensnarl Austin Powers.

Dr. Evil:

"Mr. Powers. May I introduce you to the 'Decapitator'!"

*makes quotation marks with his fingers*

"An unnecessarily-slow lifting mechanism will raise your shackled body upwards until the deadly 'Decapitator' gives me head. Your head that is. Muahahaha. Muahahaha. MUAHAHAHA!"

Scott Evil: "Dad that is so gay."

Dr. Evil: "Yes Scott, I am happy too."

0 Comments: