Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Photo Gallery Three

More arty snapshots of life in Singapore, with the usual Fresh Brainz-style of quirkiness.


















Archway to the sky
(2007) Sony DSC-S600
















Big balloon
(2007) Sony DSC-S600











Hang on!
(2007) Sony DSC-S600













Lightdance
(2007) Sony DSC-S600
















Lines & curves II
(2007) Sony DSC-S600







Moonrise over Orchard
(2007) Sony DSC-S600










Ribbons in the sky
(2007) Sony DSC-S600
















Shadow of wealth and power
(2007) Sony DSC-S600











Symmetry
(2007) Sony DSC-S600







The big pour
(2007) Sony DSC-S600
















Triangles in bloom
(2007) Sony DSC-S600


Would you like to know more?

-
VivoCity Photo Gallery
-
Photo Gallery One
-
Photo Gallery Two

3 Comments:

Glendon Mellow said...

Gorgeous Lim! I love the Symmetry and Ribbons In The Sky pictures especially.

Of course, The Ribbons In The Sky picture is clearly depicting something otherworldy. Should we go with UFO or religious visitation? How about a ghost swooping. yeah, that's the ticket. :-)

Hawks said...

"Archway to the Sky" was DEFINITELY my favorite. It's just so clean and simple. Beautiful. Makes me want to start photographing again. Maybe I should start by transferring my old slides to digital media(?)... Sorry, just rambling.

The Key Question said...

To Glendon:

Thanks for the compliments! The "ribbons" in the sky were actually radio-controlled kites with shiny LEDs on them. Or perhaps they were miraculous lights of divine origin. I should really devote equal time to both of these two opposing opinions.

*wink*

To Hawks:

Thanks! I was waiting for a more colourful evening sky, but it remained a boring blue and lights were going out fast, so I took the shot anyway. I'm glad you like it!

Yes, I encourage you to put up some of your old slides. I'd love to see them.

Although I shoot digital all the time now, it still can't beat the crisp sharpness of a 35mm photo. Not until they hit 30-some megapixels anyway.

Happy shooting!