Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Monday, July 09, 2007

Tagged!

I've been tagged by the long beak of Hawks!

Although I'm not much into chain mail (except when Samantha Mumba is wearing it) , I'll let this one slip.


















1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

And here are 'em random facts!

1. Fresh Brainz was inspired by an insane British science show called Brainiac.

This entire blog is littered with references to British comedies (Brainiac, Blackadder, Monty Python, Whose Line Is It Anyway, Wallace and Gromit...) and American comedies (George Carlin, Saturday Night Live, Daily Show...).

2. I have conscious control over my left lower eyelid twitch muscle. I can pull my lower eyelid inwards at will. Nobody else I know has this ability.

If some people have doubts about evolutionary biology, I'll show them my eyelid and freak them out.

3. I was born a left-hander. My parents encouraged me to use my right hand more and I "switched over" as a little kid.

4. In 1990 I won my secondary school's Talentime competition. Even today I don't go to Karaoke much because other people really hate me when I sing.

By the way Karaoke is pronounced as "Ka La Okay", not "Carry Okie".

5. In 1994 I experienced "sidereal depth" when looking at the Moon and Venus. Celestial objects normally look like they are about the same distance away, "pasted" on the flat blue sky.

One morning, while taking a bus to school I looked at the Moon and Venus, and suddenly... WHOOOSH! Venus receded into the distance and I could feel how far away it is, compared to the Moon.

I haven't experienced that feeling again.

6. In July 1999 I saw a UFO above the skies of Singapore.

During the day, it lingered at around the same position in the sky and changed colour (towards red) in the evening. I asked the Meteorological Service if it was a weather balloon, but got no reply. When I pointed a binocular at it, I could faintly see a "U"-shaped silhouette and what looks like two green exhaust ports on the top of the "U". It disappeared after a few days.

I don't know if aliens exist, but if they do, they certainly have a stupid sense of humour.

7. I was once a Playstation horror game addict. I've played all the Silent Hill games, the Fatal Frame series, Forbidden Siren series, Echo Night series, Kuon and others. Earlier this year I played a new horror game called Rule of Rose, which appeared quite innocent in the beginning and became so frighteningly mad that I had nightmares for a week.

Rule of Rose is the only horror game I didn't finish.

8. I get lucid dreams a few times a year. In most of them, I am flying around breaking fragile things like neon signs and windows with my mind.

My favourite lucid dream involved two extremely beautiful and extremely naked women.

And a hot tub.

The next eight hapless victims are:

Anders Rasmussen Blog

Bayblab

Globalizati

Orbital Teapot

The Empire of the Odd

The Ethical Palaeontologist

The Lord Geekington

The Other 95%

*cough*

0 Comments: