Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Tour Of The Creation Museum

Andrew Arensburger visited Ken Ham's Creation Museum in early June and posted a comprehensive blog post, complete with maps, photos and an insightful commentary.

Giving us non-Americans a chance to take a close look at the immense scale of the creationist anti-science culture in the USA.

Click on the picture to go to his article.













The quality of the exhibits is so good that I get an eerie feeling of how powerful these creationist groups must be, both politically and economically.

Although I have met a number of "closet" creationists in Singapore, I guess we're lucky that there isn't any organized creationist group here.

Yet.

American creationist groups intend to widen their international influence. Ken Ham, who was born in Australia, revealed that:

... I had this embryonic idea 25 years ago in Australia. But of course, Australia's not really the place to build such a facility if you're going to reach the world. Really, America is.

It's hard to say what will happen in the future.


Would you like to know more?

- New York Times review of the Creation Museum

2 Comments:

The Bimbo said...

You are a little strange... :) BUt in a good way. That was interesting. :)

The Key Question said...

Thanks and welcome to Fresh Brainz!