Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

YouTube Logo Wearing A Clown Nose???

I've just noticed that the YouTube logo looks a bit different from usual...


It looks as if the "Tube" part of the logo is wearing a bright red clown nose!

Does anybody know what this means?

Perhaps it's an unofficial "Evil Clown Day" in the USA. Or maybe it's an insider joke that only YouTube staff can understand.

Check it out before it disappears!


Would you like to know more?

The meaning of YouTube's modified logo:
- Forum discussion about the red nose (Digital Spy)

Another strange modified logo:
-
Gxogle?

*Update: Maybe YouTube is a supporter of the Red Nose Day 2009!

2 Comments:

John Evo said...

Today the YouTube logo is green - for St. Patrick's Day obviously.

Maybe you're right about "Evil Clown Day". Or, Bozo's birthday?

The Key Question said...

Hi John, thanks for stopping by!

Looks like YouTube is starting to feature holiday logos, just like its parent Google...