Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Lecture On Suicide Terrorism

Psychiatrist Andy Thomson gives an engaging lecture that provides an overview of the history and characteristics of suicide terrorism.

However I feel that there are some flaws in his ideas. In particular, I think that the situation of asymmetrical warfare is far more important in triggering suicide attacks than religion. This is addressed during the Q&A session.

Here is part 1 (of 3) of his talk entitled We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Brothers:



Click these links to continue...

Part 2: Differences between male and female suicide terrorists

Part 3: Question and answer session


Would you like to know more?
-
Psychologically healthy terrorists

0 Comments: