Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fresh Science 20 December 2007

The juiciest posts from the science 'o sphere!

Shaking the Cetacean evolutionary bush: Indohyus and the origin of whales (Laelaps - USA)
An early whale ancestor taking small steps into a brave new world...











Recent black hole jets wow scientists (Ontogeny - USA)
A black hole that spews radiation and punches a galaxy on the nose...

Mars (Sporula - USA)
Mars on close approach this week, next time it's this close will be in 2016...

Conservation as disequilibrium (The Biology Refugia - Singapore)
Conservation is not an one-off effort, it's a long-term endeavour...

Don’t call the aliens,they might not be friendly (The Empire of the Odd - USA)
They might be drunk... or have acid for blood.

0 Comments: