Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Fresh Science 6 December 2007

The juiciest posts from the science 'o sphere!

Record songs onto a Bacteria- yes Researchers from Pacific Northwest National Laboratory can claim to use bacteria as an ipod storage device (Microarray Blog - India)
Words cannot describe how cool that is, only a song can...

Speech Gene Helps Birds Sing (Ontogeny - USA) / Birdsong and Human Speech (The Biology Refugia - Singapore)
... and you can't sing properly without FOXP2.














Humans outdone by Rats for causing Extinctions (Science Avenger - USA)
That reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for some reason...

Americans reveal belief in UFOs, witches (The Empire of the Odd - USA)
Time for equal time to teach a new branch of biology - witchology!

0 Comments: