Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Size Matters... Oh Yes

I found some good comparisons of the relative size of some celestial bodies. Check out more pictures like these from Thygoodies.















The planets compared with the Sun.














Our Sun compared to other stars.

What is especially nice about these 3D models is their shiny, billard-ball appearance. Instantly makes me think of gobstopper candy.

Just picture it.

The whole Solar System in your pocket, in nine refreshing flavours!

Sun - Insane Curry
Mercury - Hot Vanilla
Venus - Spicy Lemon
Earth - Chocolate and Vanilla Swirls
Mars - Rusty Orange
Jupiter - Milky Caramel Swirls
Saturn - Caramel Apple (with crispy sugar ring!)
Uranus - Blueberry Mint
Neptune - Blackcurrant Mint

Dwarf Planets come free - for a limited time only. Grab them NOW before they melt into pools of flavoured water!

Hmm... I think I may have something going here.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww! They're so cute, little planets.