Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fresh Brainz Gets Hate Review!

It is with twisted pleasure that I announce yet another Fresh Brainz exclusive - our first hate review!

A few days ago I wrote this tongue-in-cheek rant about why doing scientific research sucks. I've discussed this issue on a forum and so far all the biologists and some physicists there agreed that the article is an accurate (albeit incomplete) portrait of the reality of a science career.

Then someone put my article on another forum, and a poster called Stas Bush has this to say about my article (his response is in bold) :

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:10 am Post subject:

Science doesn't suck. It's fucking idiots who suck.

Quote: Your performance is always being assessed, so it's hard to tell how long you can stay employed.

Oh for the love of Pete. This is exactly what's good about science/technics. You can't just sit there and be a fucking asshole, still earn a lot of money. You have to fucking prove you're a smart, educated scientist, or you fly off real fast. If career building in America is built around "how much money I can get" instead of "how can I realise myself intellectually", no wonder american science is degrading.

Quote: And the Number One reason why science sucks is - the long duration of training.

Number One only for stupid, anti-intellectual shitheads who belong to the monkey type of primates, not the fucking human type, who cannot endure even some 5-6 years of training. To these people only a big fuck you.

Quote: Which means that there is no guarantee of success.

Which means whoever wrote this is a scared consumer-mentality shithead. Of course there's no fucking guarantee. But there's the chance of getting new horizons. For most who go into science, that's enough. Being there. Cutting the fucking edge. Is that so hard to understand? Fucking losers.

Quote: It can become too much sometimes. BORING!

Oh fuck, someone who can't just get his ass down and work. Color me impressed. That's not an objection - that's a self-worthlesseness note.

Quote: Not quite a battle-hardened veteran yet, but certainly no starry-eyed puppy.

This man is a fucking disgrace to science. I've known such. Worthless piece-of-shit cowardly scum. Better to kill yourself that live such a worthless, science-hating life. There are plenty of people who enjoy science and get a kick out of it, people who work in nuclear physics, constructions, biotech, anywhere - this guy is a fucking loser and disgrace. "No puppy"? He's just a piece of puppy shit.

Erm... thanks?

First of all, Stas my friend, I'm not American. This fact was stated twice in my article.

And I obviously don't hate science. In fact, Fresh Brainz is the ONE and ONLY science blog in Singapore. We publish the best and most entertaining science fluff for everyone!

Dude you need to chill.

3 Comments:

Pandabonium said...

Stas Bush's review reminds me of an old quote:

“A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation”.
- Mark Twain

Anonymous said...

Wow, he was rather cranky. You could almost hear his veins popping. Tee, and indeed, hee :D

The Key Question said...

POP!

Was that a balloon?

:D