Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A New Toy!

I've started a comic called Freddie, and though I prefer to draw with pencil-on-paper, the process of putting that into a computer is just too inefficient.

A fellow researcher (thanks JL!) suggested that I buy one of them USB pen tablet things to draw directly into the computer. So I happily went to Challenger Superstore and sure enough there was this pen tablet sitting right there for me!

Actually the shopping process was less direct than that.

As I was saying, I found this pen tablet, which was on sale because it's old tech (made for Windows 98), so now it's going for only $55!

Quite a bargain. I like.

Here, check it out...

















I gave it a test-drive yesterday and the speed is OK, although the pressure sensitivity is not that great.

Overall it's still good value for money. What's more exciting is that with this tool I can now bring you guys better quality original drawings.

Woot!

0 Comments: