Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Big Debates

Just came across this great new program from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) called The Big Picture. Click on the link to watch the videos.

It's hosted by journalist and documentary film-maker Avi Lewis.

The format of the show is: prominent guests are invited to watch a documentary relevant to current affairs, and then debate on its central topic.

The discussion can get really heated at times, but the host keeps it civil and many interesting opinions are expressed.

This is a high-octane debate show. I find it hard to watch at times, but overall I think it's a superb program that examines issues that matter deeply to people.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

The Richard Dawkins one looks interesting.