Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Funny Signs

Here's a collection of fairly innocent-looking signs that have been re-interpreted by my twisted little mind...

















Descent of Man












All Abord!










SHHH!








I have a clamp in my right foot
















Vehicles over 4.5m will spontaneously explode











Please float quietly to your seats






Very bad diarrhoea


You can stop laughing now - take a few deep breaths.

It's not that funny.


Would you like to know more?

-
Photo Gallery Three
-
Photo Gallery Two
-
Photo Gallery One

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

oohh...so familiar that big splash :S

here's some handwritten notices that i saw a couple of years back in the laundry room back in hostel:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1267/1040522646_00a1fa0b72.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1433/1040516408_ead19ae870.jpg

cheerssss, jo

John Evo said...

I really liked the first one! Maybe they'll start using it on the covers of new editions of Darwin's book.

The Key Question said...

To Jo:

Find the missing speedo!

To John:

Unlikely, but what a riot that'll be. Tee hee.

Kevin Zelnio said...

Those were pretty funny, i really liked the exploding vehicle one. and descent of man was very appropriate.

The Key Question said...

Thanks Kevin!

The "Descent of Man" is just a sign pointing to a flight of stairs leading out from our biology building at the National University of Singapore.

And the "exploding vehicle", well...um...I still don't know what it means.