Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Weather and Romance.

Yay! The clouds have started rolling in and it's finally raining again. I've just about had it with 30-degree (Celsius of course) nights.

Here's the current satellite photo with puffy white clouds, updated daily. Singapore is on the lower right of the picture.



















Ah rain, it makes everything cool again. Though it's true that rain is slightly depressing, I prefer it to sweltering, mind-numbing heat. Those of you readers who live in colder climes may long for summer weather, but trust me there are only so many T-shirt-sticks-to-your-body days that one can endure.

Besides it's real hip to be slightly depressed nowadays. It's called emo.

Or maybe not.

Still, I think that cooler temperatures are a pre-requisite for romance. It's hard to be in a mood for love when your brain (fresh!) is cooking steadily in the sun. How many great poets have emerged from the tropics, my friend. How many.

Ahem. *Clears throat*

The air is hot, it sure does suck,
the wind it burns oh what the fuck.

I wish for rain, so cool and free,
to put me out of my misery.

A crystal drop, romance divine,
so I'll stop sweating like a swine.

And when it rains I'll jump for joy,
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.

A True Monsterpiece.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of hombre who enjoys to taste brand-new stuff. Currently I am constructing my private photovoltaic panels. I am managing it all alone without the aid of my staff. I am using the net as the only way to acheive this. I saw a really awesome website that explains how to make photovoltaic panels and wind generators. The web site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not really sure bout how precise the information given there is. If some people over here who had xp with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it will be grand and I would highly value it, cauze I truly passion [URL=http://apennootje.blogwogin.com/2009/11/10/solar-panel-construction-at-home]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. You guys rock.