Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bigfoot On Mars?!??

Astronomy buffs have uncovered a mysterious figure on the surface of Mars while examining a panoramic photo taken in November 2007 by NASA's Spirit robot rover.

Check this out:










Why, that immediately reminds me of this guy!



















So is the Martian photo fake? Huh? Is it? Is it?

Oddly enough... the photo is authentic!

The original source is PIA10214 from NASA's JPL website.







Our object of contention is in the bottom left hand corner of the image. Here, let me point it out for you with a big white arrow.









Still not convinced?

I'll just zoom in a little bit more for all you incorrigible skeptics.
















AHA! There it is.

Some people say that it looks like a woman.

Bollocks I say.

Here at Fresh Brainz, we are intimately familiar with the female physique of numerous alien species in the Galaxy. Over six million forms of life, in fact.

That is NOT a woman.

On closer inspection - based on the image caption, and the comparative size of rover components, this Martian appears to be rather small, maybe only a few centimetres tall.

What an incredible discovery.

Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself!


P.S. By the way, if anybody finds Waldo in any of these photos, please do humanity a favour and ask NASA to just shoot that deranged bastard once and for all.

(Pipette tip to
Sandwalk)

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Shortly afterwards the Mars rover was eaten whole!

She must have been hungry.

The Key Question said...

Indeed, huge teeth for a tiny critter... hey I said that it's NOT a woman!

rasmussenanders said...

Brilliant, thanks for the post =)

Glendon Mellow said...

I'd love it if that sand crumbled in the breeze while the rover was watching.

Conspiracy theorists would need to claim it was done with CG from Industrial Light & Magic.

The Key Question said...

To Anders:

Thanks for coming by! Much appreciated.

To Glendon:

Then they'd believe it was a shape-shifting sand alien!