Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Fresh Science 3 January 2008

The juiciest posts from the science 'o sphere!

Superstition in Hollywood (Anders Rasmussen Blog - Sweden)
In Tinseltown, scientists are portrayed as dogmatic fools who deny basic reality...

Challenging the banality of evil (Mind Hacks - USA)
No doubt the environment plays a big role in incubating evil, but are individuals merely passive players?

Nanotechnology - how to get into it, and where it's going (nanoscale views - USA)
A quick overview of the field...

ESA's take on invasive species (Ontogeny - USA)
Taking over an ecosystem near you today!














Religious thought vs Scientific Thought: a Flowchart (Science Avenger - USA)
Testable predictions mean that we will always be improving, but lack of absolute truths mean that we will never win...

0 Comments: