Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Lonesome Science Blog

My BlogPatrol account informs me without much fanfare (actually no fanfare) that Fresh Brainz has just seen its 10 000th unique visitor since September 2006.

A big thanks to all Fresh Brainz readers!

*bows*

While reaching this important milestone is encouraging, I've observed something that is making me rather worried.

In the nine months since the inception of Fresh Brainz, the total number of blogs tracked by Technorati has gone up from about 50 million to an astonishing 79.2 million today.

Yet the total number of Singaporean science blogs remain at two.

The only other Singaporean science blog I know of is The Biology Refugia.

The Singaporean blogosphere isn't dying you know.

It's growing every day. Last I checked there were a few hundred thousand blogs.

Of which two are about science.

Despite the millions of dollars spent and thousands of new researchers engaged in this nascent endeavour.

Hmm.

0 Comments: