Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Face Transformer

Just found this impressive online toy that morphs a photo of your face into a number of interesting variations.

Oooh I love gadgets! So I went right ahead and submitted my own mug.

Here are some of the results:















It's obvious that whichever ethnicity or even species that I morph into, the geekiness still shines through. *sigh*

This certainly isn't the first online face morphing tool, but I must say that the results are surprisingly plausible. The application was designed by a research group at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, so perhaps that's the reason why the output looks professional. People are getting really good at doing this.

Click Face Transformer to go there and submit your own photo (or the photos of your enemies).

It's a simple two-step process to produce a morphed photo.

So, which are my favourite results?















That's me in the year 2047. I know many of you ladies would rather not know how you will look like in 40 years, but this was the first result I selected - and I quite like it actually. Despite the wrinkles and spots, my elder self has a look of serenity and contentment that is missing in the 2007 original. I hope I actually look as wise and at peace by that time.















I also like the Manga version of me, with the big nerdy glasses and awkward smile. Almost looks like an engineering student who has a such a pure heart that a bunch of horny goddesses would fight over him at school.

Oh my fantasy!


Would you like to know more?

About other gadgets:
-
Calculate your nerdiness!
- Pop-up photos!

About other goddesses:
- Olivia Newton-John (Terpsichore)

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahha...your manga glasses got all warped...
-jo

The Key Question said...

"For best results, please remove glasses."

Oops. ;)

Thanks for visiting, Jo!