Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Photo Gallery Five

Fresh Brainz photo galleries are usually about funny pictures, but this one marks a somewhat poignant moment.

After 18 months of good service, our workhorse camera has suffered a sensor malfunction and can no longer take photographs.

Here is its last collection of photos before the band went silent...



















Biplane
(2007) Sony DSC-S600















Leaving port
(2007) Sony DSC-S600



















Last catch of the day
(2007) Sony DSC-S600



















...and this is the last photo it took, a clusters of flowers in bloom - photo number 2230.
















Here is the portrait of the machine itself.

*sniff*

Yes I feel a little sad. Only geeks will feel sad when a machine dies.

On the upside, Fresh Brainz will continue to bring you many pretty photos with a new camera!

The Nikon Coolpix L5, which I won in a photo competition (using the S600, no less).

And the first assignment for the L5?

A trip to Sungei Buloh wetland reserve, coming right up!


Would you like to know more?

- Photo Gallery Four
- Funny Signs

0 Comments: