Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Fresh Science 5 October 2007

We do the hard work of superpoking the globe for the sheepiest science articles - so you don't have to.

Belief doesn't protect you from being maimed by swords (Aetiology - USA)
Er... it's just a flesh wound!

October 4, 1957 (Bad Astronomy - USA)
Beep beep beep beep beep...

Mammoth hair yielding DNA (Cosmic Afterthoughts - Canada)
It's always about Manny... nobody cares about sloths!

Space bacteria (The Biology Refugia - Singapore)
Hitching a ride, hitching a ride...

New Hadrosaur! (The Ethical Palaeontologist - UK)
Monumental discovery by dino-detectives!*














*Sorry Julia.

1 Comment:

Julia said...

Aaaaah! Nooooo! You used the hated phrase!!

;-)