Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fresh Science 20 November 2007

The juiciest posts from the science 'o sphere!

10 simple rules to be a successful scientist (Bayblab - Canada)
Sounds simple...

Book Review: Evolution by Jean-Baptiste de Panafieu (Laelaps - USA)
Beautiful photos and informative text...



















Reflections on the brain of an idiot (Mind Hacks - USA)
How rude! Luckily it's all Greek to me...

Forward-Sloping Alien Earthquake God (The Ethical Palaeontologist - UK)
Dinosaurs are interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off...

On the shore of an anthropic sea (Total Drek - USA)
Ooh baby, baby it's a wild Universe...

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

The Greek one is really funny. :)

I googled Greek insults . One went

ti mano popi sekone rroosooza pootanis

It really sounds really cheem actually but it means

Your mother is a whore with the face of a gargoyle

lol

Brian Seitzman said...

An entirely new mechanism for producing the world's most lethal fungal toxin doesn't even get a mention? Harumph, I say!

The Key Question said...

To Teh Si:

The Greek version sounds strangely neutral and somewhat intellectual too. XD

To Mike:

*Slaps forehead* A careless omission. My bad!

It will be featured on the upcoming Fresh Science - I always have a soft spot for tiny deadly things...