Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

LCROSS Finds Water On The Moon

After a month of analysis on the LCROSS impact data, NASA announced that they have detected about 24 gallons (~90 litres) of water in the impact plume.





Would you like to know more?
-
Splash! NASA moon crash struck lots of water (AP)

4 Comments:

The Key Question said...

I agree with you that unmanned missions generally yield more science, but manned missions are just sexier from a political point of view...

Anonymous said...

Dear Author www.freshbrainz.com !
Hardly I can believe that.

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

Anonymous said...

Experience is the best teacher. Experience is the name every one gives to his mistakes. (W. Scott)