Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

More Disturbing News

$660 million lifestyle hub to go up at Buona Vista

10 September 07, The Strait Times
by Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

COME 2011, a futuristic-looking lifestyle hub with a 5,000-seat theatre, restaurants, shops, chill-out wine bars and even dance clubs will emerge in Buona Vista.
Property giant CapitaLand and a church-linked business company, Rock Productions, announced yesterday that they will jointly develop an integrated complex in Singapore's one-north science hub at a cost of $660 million.

CapitaLand's share of the proposed development, including the ownership of about 1,000 carpark lots, will be about $380 million.

Rock Productions - the business arm of the 16,000- strong New Creation Church - will invest $280 million.

The complex, which will be connected directly to the Buona Vista MRT station, will be sited within the 17ha Vista Xchange, the business service centre as well as lifestyle and cultural hub of one-north.

Click here to read more.

This is the proposed design of the new building...












...which looks... eerily similar to...

I have a bad feeling about this.

4 Comments:

I must be stupid said...

That sure is alot of money to spend on a "spaceark"!

The Key Question said...

It's unbelievable: the Vista Xchange costs more than the entire 22-hectare Biopolis (Phase I + II), even when adjusted for inflation.

Sivasothi said...

You gotta be kiddin'. It's time to head for the hills!

The Key Question said...

Heh, you mean head for THE hill. Although Bukit Timah is not much of a mountain.

Time to build my personal hut on Mount Kinabalu!