Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A Teen Who Looks Like An Old Woman

Zara Hartshorn is a 13-year-old who lives in a poor neighbourhood in northern England.

Life there is difficult enough, but Zara is experiencing an even tougher problem...



She has lipodystrophy, a rare genetic condition involving the loss of fatty tissue, resulting in the wrinkled skin that makes her look much older than she really is.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings : )
Why women and men (society in general) still pre-judge people with body art. girls especially?
I am a 26 year old F, have got 11 tattoos, lots of which can not be seen on my daily travels. Five To Six during the summer are pretty much constantly on display. I don't strive for notice and i also have a loving boyfriend Without Any TATTOOS .I get the impression that numerous people think that tattooed people are blind, as we get stared at, even when we return a glance people keep on staring. When will society change?