Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Cry For Help?

Yesterday, while climbing an overhead bridge to the Buona Vista MRT station, I saw a small wooden board lying on the steps.

It was broken into two pieces, and appeared to have a handwritten message on it.

When I put it back together, this is what it read:

6 Comments:

angry doc said...

Might have been some sort of self-improvement thing: write down what you don't like about yourself on a piece of board and then break it to show you can overcome these problems.

And if he karate-chopped the board into two with his bare hand, he can't be that lousy at sports...

Anonymous said...

Poor chap should add "My english isn't good either."

Lab Rat said...

What angry doc said, especially since the guy also wrote his name on it. It's probably more environmentally friendly than the traditional "write and burn" method of overcoming problems.

Maybe he used a heavy stick instead of his hand?

The Key Question said...

To Angry Doc:

Looks like primary school level language - if it's a kid, then it's a bit disturbing to need "self-improvement" at that age, though this sort of activity is becoming more popular nowadays.

To Edgar:

Oh no. Now he also cannot be a lawyer or an administrator? That's a much bigger problem then the ones he listed!

To Lab Rat:

I wonder why he abandoned the wooden board on the bridge?

"Maybe he used a heavy stick instead of his hand?"

I guess you won't want to know what popped into my mind when I read that. Oops.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* the kid (tween or teen) really needs a break...

Anonymous said...

Not a very environmentally friendly kid either. He should have just used a piece of paper and burnt it or write an emo blog about it. Such a waste of good wood. Litterbug too. Tsk.