Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Monday, September 10, 2007

History Of The Pipette

Fresh Brainz is proud to present to you: our very first vlog episode!

It's a "vlogumentary", in fact.

Enjoy!



Would you like to know more?

-
The Art of the Pipet (PDF file)

8 Comments:

Gregory Simonian said...

Really interesting. I never really thought of the history of the pipette.

Kevin Zelnio said...

Nice work Lim! I love the idea, I might have to follow suit someday.

It was a good video overall, not to long, easy to understand, interesting topic you never hear anything about and we finally get to see you in action!

Jay said...

wow i probably would have never seen that if it wasnt for you! haha! that "gay-lussac" guy must have not really like HIS name...
:)

Sivasothi said...

Wah steady lah! Nice vlogumentary!

But ver 2 must cover pipette theft too!

Elia Diodati said...

Very nice!

The Key Question said...

To Kevin:

Thanks! I look forward to checking out your videos!

To Jay:

Heh, I consulted a native French speaker to pronounce Gay-Lussac's name properly - I hope I got it close enough.

To Sivasothi:

Don't know much about that topic, nobody steals my pipettes. Must be due to that ugly layer of powder from my "powder-free" gloves.

Oh and I read your article about nature conservation in the ST. Cheers!

To Elia:

Thanks for the compliment!

You guys are so nice!

Anonymous said...

*clapclapclap* - utterly impressed!

--jo

Unknown said...

This site has a lot of information on Pipette History. Very interesting.

http://www.pipetteuk.com