Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

What A Week

I just recovered from a serious bout of food poisoning. Body aches and diarrhoea for a few days.

It was very painful.

Now I just generally feel weak, but it's not just the illness - truth be told my health hasn't been that great these few years.

While resting at home, I was thinking about Fresh Brainz and noticed that this blog has become more impersonal, obsessed with top ten lists and drifted gradually towards American rather than Singaporean concerns.

By omitting the local environmental and cultural context in Singapore, I have completely failed to communicate just how strange and novel the nascent scientific endeavour is to our tropical island nation.

I plan to rectify this.

To reveal the hopes, the excitement, the triumphs, the worries, anxieties and disappointments of the pioneering batch of Singapore life scientists in all its genuine, weathered colour.

Presented in the same chirpy language style, as always.

Only here, at freshbrainz.com

0 Comments: