Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Fresh Science 25 December 2007

The juiciest posts from the science 'o sphere!

Top 10 Astronomy Pictures of 2007: Runners Up (Bad Astronomy - USA)
Some spectacular pictures of the Cosmos...



















I am Legendary Oncolytic Virus (Bayblab - Canada)
Hollywood deals a damaging blow to a new class of therapeutics...

Hot off the Press: Omnidirectional sensing of prey in weak electric fields by fish (Biocurious - USA)
South American knifefish generates a cylindrical electric field that allows the fish to "see" behind it...

Christmas Carnage: 3 Tigers Slaughtered for TCM (Laelaps - USA)
Rare Siberian tiger found beheaded and skinned...

Are species really disappearing? (The Biology Refugia - Singapore)
Even if the computational models are not accurate, the observations should not be discounted...

0 Comments: