Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Friday, April 10, 2009

You Don't Have An Inbox...Yet???

I just tried to log in to my Hotmail account, but instead of the usual inbox I see this message:










I don't know what's going on - my account was working perfectly fine this morning.

If you click on the link provided and try to sign up for Windows Live Hotmail, you will get an online form to create a Windows Live ID (which you already have!).

If you try to fill the form using your own Hotmail address, it tells you that " ???@hotmail.com isn't available".

But if you try to sign in using the "Already using Hotmail, Messenger, or Xbox LIVE?" option, you get bounced back to the above screen!

I've been using Hotmail for over ten years now and have never seen this before.

It appears that many other users are facing the same problem as well; a Yahoo!Answers page on this topic is flooded with complaints (over 350 responses as of 1.05pm Singapore time).

Does anyone have any insight into this problem, or any suggestions to work around it?

I sure hope that this is a temporary problem.


Would you like to know more?

-
My Hotmail Account is saying I don't have an Inbox when I already do??? help? (Yahoo!Answers)

*Update 2.37pm: Hotmail is now back. Apparently it was some kind of site maintenance.

0 Comments: