Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Photo Gallery Ten

Last month I revisited Sungei Buloh - this time with a better camera and improved techniques to take more detailed portraits of its denizens.

Though these photos are still not as close as I would like them to be, I think they are fast approaching the current limit of my equipment and skills.

Enjoy!













Dragonfly
(2008) Fuji S6500fd



















Standing tall
(2008) Fuji S6500fd












In flight
(2008) Fuji S6500fd



















Kingfisher
(2008) Fuji S6500fd













Mudskipper
(2008) Fuji S6500fd











Sandpiper
(2008) Fuji S6500fd












Weaving a trap
(2008) Fuji S6500fd













Now we wait
(2008) Fuji S6500fd













Water monitor
(2008) Fuji S6500fd

I'm still busy with work now, so Fresh Brainz will only return to regular posting activity in December.

Man, so much has happened in the past two months (global economic slump, Chandrayaan-1, cloning frozen mice, new US president...) that there will be a lot to catch up with.

Perhaps I shouldn't even try.


Would you like to know more?
- Photo Gallery Nine

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya nice to hear from you again =)

The Key Question said...

Thanks Edgar, I'll be up to speed soon.

a said...

Hey, nice to see you're back. Almost forgot all about ya.

I've been taking some photos too.

a said...

http://singaporeatheists.blogspot.com/2008/12/good-outing.html

The Key Question said...

Hi A, I'm glad to see that you like nature photography too! More posts coming up!