Subscribe to Feed            Add to your Favourites

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Fresh Reads from the Science 'o sphere!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Six Words Yet A Whole Lifetime

Can you tell a story in six words?

According to a legend, acclaimed American novelist Ernest Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words.

He wrote - “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”

Here at Fresh Brainz, we are curious to know if you can write a story about yourself or about life in Singapore - using just six words.

Whether it is inspiring or depressing, thoughtful or shocking, England or Singlish - we would like to hear about it.

A few words can change everything.

Pipette tip to Vexillum II.


Would you like to know more?

- Six-Word Memoirs (SMITH magazine)

7 Comments:

angry doc said...

Many called, few chosen. I overheard.

Anonymous said...

Our hearts, held and dropped furtively.

Anonymous said...

Our hearts, held and dropped furtively.

The Key Question said...

Nice!

I have tons...

Singlish:

They say got lobang. I fell.

Garang guni! Siew gu boh zwah!

Go left. Go right. Go stun.

Dio bey-pio? Dio jiah niah!

You think, he thought, who confirm?

If one come, three four come.

When in Singapore, order a dinosaur.

Go in easy, come out hard.

Luke, wah see lim lau peh...


Somewhat English:

They bread it - I eat it.

True freedom does not require permission.

All proteins look like Pac-Man.

Ever heard a swan actually sing?

Hi Hammer, meet Banana. Banana, Hammer.

It is always about steric hindrance.

So much time, so little lubricant.

Never give up; just declare victory.

Big things tend to be wobbly.

Moderation is the key to mediocrity.

I laughed. I cried. I snickered.

There is always room for chocolate.

angry doc said...

Physician. Blogger. Truth-seeker. And then some. :)

Anonymous said...

Vexing fresh angry doctor brainz blogs

a said...

life is shorter than I thought